Cavalry FC reserve team ('CPL team') will participate in the 2022 AMSL season with the following guidelines:
1. CPL team will pay a $3500 development team fee.
a. Performance bond requirement is not applicable for CPL teams.
b. CPL teams are responsible to book and cover associated field costs for home games.
c. Any AMSL approved withdrawal by a CPL team will not result in the team being guaranteed a place within the top division of senior soccer in their District.
d. Alberta Soccer will provide 3 game balls to be used for home games.
2. CPL teams must submit a roster to Alberta Soccer consisting of a minimum of 16 to a maximum of 25, U20 players by July 31, 2022.
a. All rostered players must meet AMSL Canadian Citizenship requirements.
i. Current documentation (original or photocopy) as a protected person, permanent resident, Canadian passport or birth certificate must be submitted to Alberta Soccer by July 31st.
b. Players who have professional status must be identified as such on the roster.
c. 20 of the rostered players are permitted to play in a match.
i. A maximim of 2 (U20) professional players are permitted to play in a match.
d. Player cards will be required for presentation at matches.
e. CPL teams may not designate a Premier Division Reserve team.
f. Youth Trialists may be used by CPL teams provided they follow the AMSL Youth Trialist Guidelines (see Operating Rule 4.6).
3. CPL players are not permitted to transfer onto an AMSL roster at any time during the season.
a. Player transfers to teams outside of the AMSL are subject to local district rules and regulations.
4. All games will count for points as outlined in Sections 9 through 11 of the Operating Rules.
a. CPL teams will not qualify for Provincial competition.
b. CPL teams will qualify for associated cash awards for final standings.
5. South CPL teams will travel for games against North AMSL teams.
a. AMSL teams will not be scheduled to travel for games against CPL teams outside of their geographical zone.
6. CPL players who receive discipline during AMSL matches will serve any related suspensions in AMSL matches.
a. Related fines for discipline as outlined in the Operating Rules are in effect.
7. CPL teams are not subject to challenges.
a. The next lowest non-CPL team will participate should there be a challenge series.
8. CPL teams do not have voting privileges in the AMSL.